We are delighted to report that our UPR joint submission has definitely shaped the Summary of Stakeholders’ Information report prepared by the OHCHR – Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights. Our submission is referenced 18 times across 12 paragraphs in the report, and a total of 29 paragraphs from our joint submission have been cited. Our joint submission has been abbreviated as JS4 in the report.
You will find the link to the Summary of Stakeholders’ Information report prepared by the OHCHR below. You will find references to our submission in paragraphs 54-55, 59-60, 89-90, 112-115 and 117-118.
It is our hope that the Summary of Stakeholders’ Information report, and our own concerns and recommendations that have been referenced, will inform the interactive dialogue between Ireland’s representatives and the Human Rights Council taking place today, Wednesday 10 November 2021, at 1:30pm (Irish time). Following the review, the Human Rights Council’s report on Ireland will be distributed and adopted by the Council on Friday 12 November 2021.
- You can watch the review live at 1:30pm today, Wednesday 10 November 2021 here: https://media.un.org/en/webtv/
- Download the 2021 UPR Summary of Stakeholders Submission
- Download a copy of UPR Submission on Human Trafficking Domestic & Gender Based Violence and Rights of Refugees & Asylum Seekers – ERI-IPA-OLA-18-03-2021
- To read more about our submission see: Summary of Concerns and Recommendations
- To read more about the Universal Periodic Review, see: https://www.ohchr.org/EN/HRBodies/UPR/Pages/UPRMain.aspx
- and to keep abreast of the dates for consideration, see: https://www.ohchr.org/EN/HRBodies/UPR/Pages/IEindex.aspx